To all teachers!
We are excited to invite you to participate in our 20th Annual Colors of Long Island student art exhibit, sponsored by Sterling National Bank. The exhibit will be on view in the museum Visitors Center from February 23 through April 8, 2018.
- We will be accepting only two pieces of student work per school.
- You may choose to submit one group project in lieu of individual pieces. Group projects will be limited to one per school, with a maximum of 12 students participating. The students should all contribute to one finished, cohesive piece. (Group projects are not meant to be individual artworks mounted as one.)
- Works may be in any medium and may be no larger than 36” in any one direction. We regret that anything larger will not be accepted.
- Please submit only one registration per school. Coordinate your efforts with any other teacher(s) in your building who may want to submit an entry, as no exceptions will be made for additional entries. We are only able to accept two individual student pieces or one group piece, regardless of the number of teachers at a school.
- All art should be ready to hang/install by the Long Island Museum. Please note that paper-mounted works will be stapled to gallery walls; all other hanging items should have appropriate mounting hooks, hardware and/or wire attached. We cannot accept works with self-adhesive mounting hooks, as these fall from the gallery walls.
- Registration for the 2018 Colors of Long Island exhibition is now closed. If you missed the registration deadline but would like to be added to our mailing list for next year’s entries, please let us know.
- If you have already registered, click here for instructions and other important information going forward.
- For questions, please contact the education department at (631) 751-0066 x212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.