Embracing the goal to enhance and support the rich artistic talent on Long Island, LIM has created a special membership opportunity for visual artists, LIMarts: a collaborative arts group. Designed for artists dedicated to creating a new forum within our cultural community, LIMarts offers space for the exhibition and sale of artwork, varied programming events, lectures and opportunities for social gathering with other artists and the public. For information about becoming an LIMarts members, e-mail Alexandria D’Auria.
The Long Island Museum and LIMarts are pleased to present the 6th annual members’-only exhibition, Anything Goes! Members are invited to create and submit artwork, and as the title suggests, anything goes! Help us close out our 80th anniversary celebration on a high note!
Click here for Submission Guidelines
Click here for Entry Form
Artist of the Month: Paul Jay Edelson
“Why I Enjoy Painting”
I paint nature, land and seascapes. I tend toward abstraction, searching for the inner beauty of what I have seen, later recalled and distilled in the studio. This can be sometimes weeks and even months from the actual experience. I keep searching for new ways to describe the basic themes of sky, clouds, wind, storm, sea, rain, mist and shore. And I strive to communicate to the viewer my enthusiasm and appreciation for the natural world. In art anything is possible. A painting is finished when it feels true.
See Paul’s work on display in the Visitor Center through October 31st.
- Celebrate the arts as a key component to the vitality, diversity and cultural richness of Long Island
- Maximize the Long Island Museum’ continuing role in telling the history of Long Island’s artisans – past, present and future.
- Include representation from a broad spectrum of visual artists and artisans
- Provide a forum for the local and regional arts community to gather and exchange ideas
- Advocate, promote and exhibit visual arts from the Long Island/metropolitan area
- Strengthen relationships between the LIM community and Long Island artists
- Develop ways to connect artists and the public through innovative education programs, events and exhibitions