Embracing the goal to enhance and support the rich artistic talent on Long Island, LIM has created a special membership opportunity for visual artists, LIMarts: a collaborative arts group. Designed for artists dedicated to creating a new forum within our cultural community, LIMarts offers space for the exhibition and sale of artwork, varied programming events, lectures and opportunities for social gathering with other artists and the public. For information about becoming an LIMarts members, e-mail Alexandria D’Auria.
The Long Island Museum and LIMarts are pleased to present the 6th annual members’-only exhibition, Anything Goes! Members were invited to create and submit artwork, and as the title suggests, anything goes!
Anything Goes! will be on view December 6, 2019 – January 5, 2020 in the Visitor’s Center.
Artist of the Month: Flo Kemp
I am a “local” artist (I live in Setauket) and although I do work in oils, I specialize in soft ground etchings that have a “painterly” effect. I work full time as an artist – especially with the etching process. I market my etchings at art festivals from Maine to Florida.
See Flo’s work on display in the Visitor Center through December 29th.
- Celebrate the arts as a key component to the vitality, diversity and cultural richness of Long Island
- Maximize the Long Island Museum’ continuing role in telling the history of Long Island’s artisans – past, present and future.
- Include representation from a broad spectrum of visual artists and artisans
- Provide a forum for the local and regional arts community to gather and exchange ideas
- Advocate, promote and exhibit visual arts from the Long Island/metropolitan area
- Strengthen relationships between the LIM community and Long Island artists
- Develop ways to connect artists and the public through innovative education programs, events and exhibitions