The Annual 22nd Annual Colors of Long Island student art exhibit, sponsored by Sterling National Bank, will be on view in the museum Visitors Center from February 21 – March 22, 2020.
Teacher Registration available below from November 12, 2019 through January 8, 2020
- We will be accepting only two pieces of student work per school.
- You may choose to submit one group project in lieu of individual pieces. Group projects will be limited to one per school, with a maximum of 12 students participating. The students should all contribute to one finished, cohesive piece. (Group projects are not meant to be individual artworks mounted as one.)
- Works may be in any medium and may be no larger than 36” in any one direction. We regret that anything larger will not be accepted.
- Please submit only one registration per school. Coordinate your efforts with any other teacher(s) in your building who may want to submit an entry, as no exceptions will be made for additional entries. We are only able to accept two individual student pieces or one group piece, regardless of the number of teachers at a school.
- All art should be ready to hang/install by the Long Island Museum. Please note that paper-mounted works will be stapled to gallery walls; all other hanging items should have appropriate mounting hooks, hardware and/or wire attached. We cannot accept works with self-adhesive mounting hooks, as they fall from the gallery walls.
- Registration is a one-step Please have all your information ready to input at the time that you register. This will include the names of teachers, students and all artwork information. The wording you submit is what LIM will use to create the wall label that corresponds with your student(s) work.
- Please fill out ONLY ONE registration form per school:
- Either the Individual Student(s) Registration Form
(for those schools submitting 1 or 2 individual students pieces).
- OR the Group Project Registration Form
(for those schools submitting one group project in lieu of individual pieces).
- You will receive a short confirmation email at the email address you provided when you have successfully submitted your form. After we have reviewed your information we will send a lengthier email outlining the next steps for submission of artwork.
- These forms will be available during the registration period only:
- November 12, 2019 through January 8, 2020.
After reviewing your information we will send you a confirmation email with a blank artwork label for you to fill out, print and attach to the back of your student pieces. Please DO NOT label the FRONT of your students’ artwork. We will be printing and mounting gallery labels that will be installed on the walls with your student work. If you are unable to print the back-of-artwork label we send, please label the back of each submitted piece clearly with the following information:
- School name
- Teacher name
- Student name
- Artwork title
- Please note the directionality of the artwork on the back label or somewhere on the back of each piece.
- Shipped artworks must be received by January 23, 2019.
- Shipping Address
Long Island Museum
1200 Route 25A
Stony Brook, NY 11790
- Hand-delivered art may be dropped off at the Visitors Center only on the following days and times:
- Tuesday, February 4, from noon to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 5, from noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Entries will not be accepted after these dates.
- Students, parents and teachers are invited to a reception honoring the artists. Passes for reception & information will be handed out or mailed when artwork is received by the museum.
- Reception for Eastern Suffolk students: Sunday, March 8, Time TBD
- Reception for Western Suffolk students: Sunday, March 22, Time TBD
- Reception for Nassau students: Sunday, March 22, Time TBD
- If you would like to have the art mailed back to you, you must include a pre-paid return postage label as well as appropriate packaging. Please have the box/artwork weighed and include enough postage. We regret that we cannot accept checks or cash for postage.
- Artwork not mailed back must be picked up by a teacher or knowledgeable representative at the Visitors Center on the following days and times:
- Tuesday, March 24, from noon to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 25, from noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Artwork cannot be picked up before the pick-up dates. We also cannot hold your artwork past these dates.
We look forward to working with you to create another wonderful exhibition. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call (631) 751-0066 x212 or 283 if you have further questions