We invite you to participate in our 23rd Annual Colors of Long Island student art exhibition. The exhibit will be on view in the museum Visitors Center from March 3 – April 3, 2022.
- We will be accepting two pieces of student work per school.
- You may choose to submit one group project in lieu of individual pieces. Group projects will be limited to one per school, with a maximum of 15 students participating. The students should all contribute to one finished, cohesive piece. (Group projects should not be individual artworks mounted as one.)
- Works may be in any medium and may be no larger than 36” in any one direction. We regret that anything larger will not be accepted.
- Please submit only one registration per school. Coordinate your efforts with any other teachers in your building who may want to submit an entry, as no exceptions will be made for additional entries. We are only able to accept either two individual student pieces or one group piece, regardless of the number of teachers at a school. However, all the schools in a district are welcome to apply!
- All art should be ready to hang/install by the Long Island Museum. Please note that paper-mounted works will be stapled to gallery walls; all other hanging items should have appropriate mounting hooks, hardware and/or wire attached. We cannot accept works with self-adhesive mounting hooks, as they fall from the gallery walls.
Registration & Exhibition Process
- Registration opens November 16th and closes January 18th. There is only one step to the registration process and you will submit all school, student and artwork info at that time. Please do not register until you have all details prepared and ready to fill in.
- To register, come back here to our webpage after Nov. 16th to fill out the entry form.
- Please only register your school using either the group project entry form or the individual student(s) entry form.
- Shipped/Mailed artworks must be received by February 7, 2022.
- Hand-delivered art may be dropped off at the Visitors Center on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, February 10th, from 12 to 5:30 pm – timed entry slots
- Sunday, February 13th, from 12 to 4:30 p.m. – timed entry slots
- We will share a link to register for timed entry on drop off date after you complete registration.
- Artwork will not be accepted after these dates.
- If you would like to have the art mailed back to you, you must include a pre-paid return postage label as well as appropriate packaging at the time artwork is submitted. Please have the box/artwork weighed and include enough postage. We regret that we are not able to accept checks or cash for postage.
- Artwork not mailed back must be picked up by a teacher or knowledgeable representative at the Visitors Center on the following dates and times:
- Sunday April 3rd, from 3 to 5pm
- Monday April 4th, from 12 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday April 5th, from noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Artwork cannot be picked up before the pick-up dates. We also cannot hold your student’s artwork past these dates.
- We are waiting to schedule student receptions due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are hoping to invite students to the museum for in person receptions and/or visits and will be able to provide better information early in the New Year. If we are unable to have in-person student receptions, we plan to create a virtual reception experience to honor the students.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (631) 751-0066 x 212 or 283 if you have questions.