Deadline has expired to register your students for the Long Island Museum’s annual Colors of Long Island exhibition, sponsored by Sterling National Bank. The exhibit will be on view in the museum Visitors Center from February 22 – April 7, 2019.
- Upon registration, you should have received a confirmation email with a blank artwork label for you to fill out, print and attach to the back of your student pieces. Please DO NOT label the FRONT of your students’ artwork. We will be printing and mounting gallery labels that will be installed on the walls with your student work. If you are unable to print the back-of-artwork label we send, please label the back of each submitted piece clearly with the following information:
- School name
- Teacher name
- Student name
- Artwork title
- Please note the directionality (top, bottom, etc.) of the artwork on the back label or somewhere on the back of each piece.
- Shipped artworks must be received by January 22, 2018. Send works to:
Long Island Museum
1200 Route 25A
Stony Brook, NY 11790
- Hand-delivered art may be dropped off at the Visitors Center only on the following days and times:
Tuesday, February 5th, from noon to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, February 6th, from noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Entries will not be accepted after these dates.
- Students, parents and teachers are invited to a reception honoring the artists. Passes for reception & information will be handed out or mailed when artwork is received by the museum.
- Reception for Eastern Suffolk students: Sunday, March 3, Time TBD
- Reception for Western Suffolk students: Sunday, March 24, Time TBD
- Reception for Nassau students: Sunday, March 24, Time TBD
- If you would like to have the art mailed back to you, you must include a pre-paid return postage label as well as appropriate packaging. Please have the box/artwork weighed and include enough postage. We regret that we cannot accept checks or cash for postage.
- Artwork not mailed back must be picked up by a teacher or knowledgeable representative at the Visitors Center on the following days and times:
Tuesday, April 9th, from noon to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10th, from noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Artwork cannot be picked up before the pick-up dates. We also cannot hold your artwork past these dates.
We look forward to working with you to create another wonderful exhibition. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call (631) 751-0066 x212 or 283 if you have further questions.