Explore LIM is designed to meet the needs of self-contained classes and life skills classes, as well as non-traditional learning groups. Working remotely or in-person with museum educators, participants will connect with the past and the present through guided discussion and gallery inspired activities.
- One 1-hour in-person or virtual visit; Curriculum & materials for one teacher led module
- Pricing is per program, per class:
- Up to 10 students $50 Up to 20 students $75
Choose from one of the following themes:
- The World Before Cars (available virtually or in-person)
- Explore the Carriage Museum and Blacksmith Shop to understand the amazing ways horse-drawn vehicles shaped the lives of those living long ago.
- An Artist’s Eyes (available virtually anytime or in-person beginning Spring 2022)
- Using the museum’s extensive art collections, students will discover how artists tell stories through a variety of media, including painting, drawing and photography.
- Firefighting in the 19th Century (available in-person)
- Students will explore how firefighting changed in New York by exploring artifacts and several fire fighting vehicles in our collection.