- Labeling Artwork: Please securely label the back of each submitted piece clearly and include the following information:
- Mounting Artwork: All art should be ready to hang/install by the Long Island Museum. Please note that paper-mounted works will be stapled to gallery walls; all other hanging items should have appropriate mounting hooks, hardware and/or wire attached. We cannot accept works with self-adhesive mounting hooks, as these fall from the gallery walls. Works must not exceed 36” in any one direction.
- Gallery Labels: Upon artwork drop-off you will be asked to proof-read and confirm the information that you submitted for the gallery wall label(s). The museum uses the information you entered into the online form to create, mount and hang a gallery label that corresponds with your student artwork.
- Dropping Off Artwork: Hand-delivered art may be dropped off at the Visitors Center, located at 1200 Route 25A (north side of street) only on the following days and times*:
Tuesday, February 6, from noon to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, February 7, from noon to 5:30 p.m.
*Entries will not be accepted after these dates.
- Shipping Artwork: Shipped artworks must be received by the museum by January 23, 2018. Please send artwork to The Long Island Museum, 1200 Route 25A, Stony Brook, 11790, Attention Education Department.
- Return Shipping: If you would like to have student art mailed back to you at the end of the exhibition, please include a pre-paid return postage label as well as appropriate packaging. Please have the box/artwork weighed and stamped with sufficient postage. We regret that we cannot accept checks or cash for postage.
- Artwork Pickup: Artwork not mailed back must be picked up by a teacher or knowledgeable representative at the Visitors Center on the following days and times*:
Tuesday, April 10, from noon to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 11, from noon to 5:30 p.m.
*Artwork cannot be picked up before the pick-up dates. We also cannot hold your artwork past these dates.
- Reception: Students, parents and teachers are invited to a reception honoring the artists. The museum extends free admission to teachers, school staff and students. Students will be given passes that entitle them to bring two free guests, as well. Passes for reception & information for teachers and students will be handed out or mailed when artwork is received by the museum.
Reception for Eastern Suffolk students: Sunday, March 4, noon-2 p.m. & 2-4 p.m.*
Reception for Western Suffolk students: Sunday, April 8, noon-2 p.m.*
Reception for Nassau students: Sunday, April 8, 2-4 p.m.
Suffolk Schools: Your passes will indicate whether your school is located in Eastern or Western Suffolk.
*Eastern Suffolk School Receptions: The museum will determine which districts attend each reception time based on the volume of registrants. This is for everyone’s safety, so that we do not exceed the maximum number of people permitted in the gallery at one time. You will receive your assigned time slot when you receive your passes.