Embracing the goal to enhance and support the rich artistic talent on Long Island, LIM has created a special membership opportunity for visual artists, LIMarts: a collaborative arts group. Designed for artists dedicated to creating a new forum within our cultural community, LIMarts offers space for the exhibition and sale of artwork, varied programming events, lectures and opportunities for social gathering with other artists and the public. For information about becoming an LIMarts members, e-mail Alexandria D’Auria.
- Celebrate the arts as a key component to the vitality, diversity and cultural richness of Long Island
- Maximize the Long Island Museum’ continuing role in telling the history of Long Island’s artisans – past, present and future.
- Include representation from a broad spectrum of visual artists and artisans
- Provide a forum for the local and regional arts community to gather and exchange ideas
- Advocate, promote and exhibit visual arts from the Long Island/metropolitan area
- Strengthen relationships between the LIM community and Long Island artists
- Develop ways to connect artists and the public through innovative education programs, events and exhibitions
7th Annual LIMarts Members’ Exhibition Every Day: Transforming Crisis into Art
The Long Island Museum is pleased to announce the 7th Annual LIMarts Members’ Exhibition, Every Day: Transforming Crisis into Art (12/18/20 – 2/14/21).
This has been an unprecedented and uncertain time for all of us. What has your “every day” looked like? How has it changed? How have you been spending your time? Has every day been the same or are you finding ways to make your days feel different? What have you been doing to cope or perhaps you’re not just coping but thriving?
We will be presenting this exhibition virtually on the Long Island Museum website and across the LIM’s social media. The Museum is committed to promoting and supporting its artist members during these challenging times and will NOT retain a commission from any work sold due to this exhibition; however, we ask that artists be responsible for handling their own sales. The LIM will act as a liaison between interested buyers and artists. As always, this opportunity is open to LIMarts members only.
NEW THIS YEAR! Due to the virtual nature of this exhibition, there are no size restrictions. The entry deadline is November 27, 2020.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email Alexandria D’Auria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the links below for the submission guidelines and submission form.