Embracing the goal to enhance and support the rich artistic talent on Long Island, LIM has created a special membership opportunity for visual artists, LIMarts: a collaborative arts group. Designed for artists dedicated to creating a new forum within our cultural community, LIMarts offers space for the exhibition and sale of artwork, varied programming events, lectures and opportunities for social gathering with other artists and the public. For information about becoming an LIMarts members, e-mail Alexandria D’Auria.
The Long Island Museum and LIMarts are pleased to present the 6th annual members’-only exhibition, Anything Goes! Members are invited to create and submit artwork, and as the title suggests, anything goes! Help us close out our 80th anniversary celebration on a high note!
Click here for Submission Guidelines
Click here for Entry Form
Artist of the Month: Ron Becker
Color and form found in nature inspires Ron to interpret what he sees, emphasizing composition and the values of light and dark to create movement and mood. As a realist, Ron uses color and variety of tones to create drama, inviting the viewer into the painting. Exploring new techniques and ways to work with mediums, as well as expressing the nature of his heart and soul, Ron focuses on environments that illicit a feeling of calm, serenity, beauty or the divine.
Ron has exhibited in a variety of Long Island galleries, the RIVAA Gallery in NYC, and a solo exhibition at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum in Great River, NY. He has won several awards in juried shows and his work is in private collections around the country. Ron painted 6 of 12 murals and oversaw their creation and installation, located under the LIRR train trestle on Route 231 in Deer Park, NY, and he recently completed a 150’ mural at a Deer Park Primary School. He studies iconography with Janine Manheim and is honored to have his work recognized by the Long Island Museum.
See Ron’s work on display at the Visitors Center through September 29th.
- Celebrate the arts as a key component to the vitality, diversity and cultural richness of Long Island
- Maximize the Long Island Museum’ continuing role in telling the history of Long Island’s artisans – past, present and future.
- Include representation from a broad spectrum of visual artists and artisans
- Provide a forum for the local and regional arts community to gather and exchange ideas
- Advocate, promote and exhibit visual arts from the Long Island/metropolitan area
- Strengthen relationships between the LIM community and Long Island artists
- Develop ways to connect artists and the public through innovative education programs, events and exhibitions