Customized Art & History Programs
The education department is happy to create a customized virtual or in-person program that suits the needs of your students and your curriculum. All of the content listed for younger grade levels can be enhanced to offer a more robust and challenging experience for older school students. Classes can also explore one of the exhibitions listed below.
- Prices range from $5-$10 per student, or can be offered as a flat rate per class.
- To discuss an option that fits your group’s needs, please call (631) 751-0066 ext. 212, email email@example.com or complete the FIELD TRIP FORM.
Permanent Exhibitions on View
- The Carriage Museum: Exhibitions of over 100 horse-drawn vehicles tell the story of transportation before the automobile.
- Outdoor Sculpture: The museum has a wide variety of sculpture on view across its nine acre campus, including crocheted trees, contemporary pieces and works from the 19th and 20th century.
- Historic Buildings: Among the five historic structures on the museum grounds are a one-room schoolhouse, a blacksmith shop, and an 18th century barn, all of which tell the story of Long Island’s past.
- Art Collection: The museum’s vast art collection including William Sidney Mount and variety of style and media from the 19th century through the present is always available for virtual exploration.
Changing Exhibitions on View
- Tiffany Glass: Painting with Color and Light (through December 19, 2021): This exhibition features works that exemplify the intricacy of design that was characteristic of Tiffany’s leaded-glass objects.
- Fire & Form: New Directions in Glass (through December 19, 2021): This exhibition features nearly 50 works from eight contemporary artists, all proving that glass is a sculptural creation of near-infinite artistic and narrative variety.
- Atoms to Cosmos: The Story of Brookhaven National Laboratory (April 21-October 16, 2022): This collaborative exhibition organized with Brookhaven National Laboratory invites us to explore the social, scientific & technological history of BNL.
- Into the Light: Women Artists of Long Island, 1800-2000 (March 3-September 4, 2022): This exhibition features over 100 works from as many as 75 different women artists, from different eras, backgrounds and stylistic approaches.