We are grateful to friends like you who have supported us through the years so the Long Island Museum has been able to be here for our community. LIM is proud to be a leading museum in our region and to be part of the vibrant cultural arts scene. We have been delighted to welcome visitors back to the Museum for in-person exhibitions, programs and events. Because of all this exciting activity, we have brought back the LIM’s printed Calendar of Events filled with engaging programs and activities. This truly is attributed to our supporters like you.
As we embark on the year ahead, we ask you to help us continue to provide exceptional cultural experiences for our shared community by making a gift to our Spring Appeal today.
Here is some of what your LIM Spring Appeal gift will help support:
- Two Centuries of Long Island Women Artists, 1800-2000 (3/3-9/4/22) provides a survey of the history of women artists on Long Island, exploring and emphasizing their significance, which has reverberated far beyond this region. Atoms to Cosmos: The Story of Brookhaven National Laboratory (4/21-10/16/22) invites audiences to explore the social, scientific, and technological history of one of Long Island’s most important and internationally-influential modern institutions since 1947.
- The Museum’s curatorial department is researching and organizing future exhibitions such as Through the Eyes of an Artist: Edward Lange’s Long Island, 1871–1889 and Face Value: Portraits From LIM’s Collection, both opening in the fall of 2022.
- In 2021, approximately 3,400 schoolchildren participated in virtual and on-site LIM Education Programs. 2022 is already off to a resounding start with dozens of bookings.
- Summer Thursdays and Family Fun Days return this summer with activities for the whole family. Check our website to stay updated.
- Our annual golf tournament returns on July 11, 2022! We are proud to honor our LIM Board Chair, Thomas M. Sullivan of Evolve Bank & Trust. Tom, along with everyone at LIM, is enthusiastic about bringing back this long-time, popular event.
The LIM is a dynamic cultural institution, enjoyed by tens of thousands of Long Islanders each year. Please consider a gift to the LIM Spring Appeal to celebrate the cultural arts in your community. To make a secure online contribution, you can visit www.longislandmuseum.org
If you prefer, you may also mail a check made payable to the Long Island Museum.
Your partnership is greatly appreciated!
The Long Island Museum is a 501c3 organization; contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
For contributions of securities, please contact Sarah Abruzzi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-751-0066 x272